Hello everyone,
This last weekend i went to New York City and i loved everything about it. It is such a diverse and fascinating place. I saw Central Park, Time Square, The Rockefeller Center, Broadway, Late show building. CBS building, Brooklyn (The pizza was soo good). I loved getting food from the street vendors, it was delicious. I had a Gyro from them and it was fantastic. Kara, Her aunt and uncle, and I all wore I love New york t shirts and were such tourists, it was fun.
So today started a new session, and i really love my guys after one day. I have 7 returning guys and 3 new. There names are, Jared, Wes, Nicholas, Ryan, Moses, Peter, Sam,Kirk, Tyler TC, and W. Tyler. They are all very different but get along well. I really want to be more intentional with them and share the life of Jesus with them more this session, then i have all Summer. So pray for that, pray that they listen well and receive the Word of God well. I do not have anything to say apart from the Word. Which i so powerful. I will blog again after our overnighter to ocean city....
Funny story: Last week they the program coordinators and head counselors through us an appreciation dinner. The Theme was "The Office" based after the show. So they wanted to make things awkward before dinner started. So they packed us in the conference room, everyone was there except one of the counselors, Eric and his head counselor, Joel. Nathean the Camp Sonshine Top man gave us a talk and said that Eric was getting fired because some stuff came back on his fingerprints. Some people bought it pretty good. I did not know what to think, if it was true then i was angry. He said Eric would be at the dinner and we needed to show him grace and try to have a good dinner. When we sat down at the dinner table they told us it was a joke. it was pretty cool. They also gave out Dundies, which you know what they are if you watch the show, I got the dundie for the "Most unexpected jock" Because i am surprisingly good at sports.
Just wanted to share that with you. I am sad my time here is coming to an end, but hope to finish string.
In His Hands,
Brad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so happy you are getting such neat experiences. Count it all a blessing. Keep it real with your guys and let them see your heart. I was told yesterday that those who are raised in church, follow Christ, and don't go through a "rebelous" stage--alchohol abuse,drugs or some other addictive struggle or major life thing like divorce, can't reach those who are in crisis. I think the key is "we" can't reach anyone, it takes total surrender of self and that means..seeing people through Jesus' eyes not ours. What do you think about that? Mom
ReplyDeletei agree mom. And i have gone through things.. But Jesus reaches people... not us
ReplyDeleteI love your dundie. Just like intramurals. I hope i'm back from Ireland next spring in time to play soccer with you guys. And NYC is awesome! I went to almost all of those place. Constantly craning my neck up. Plus I had a gyro too. Amazing! God bless the rest of this summer!
ReplyDelete