Sunday, July 12, 2009

Session 2 Week 1

So i had a new group last week. They are great. I have three returning, Nick, Lloyd,and Tyler.I have three new, Patrick, Pleiku, and Tyler. Two Tylers in my group. Thursday and Friday we took all the kids to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. It's an amusement park. IT was really fun, walking around and riding rides with my group. You learn a lot being at a theme park with people. The highlight was Thursday night when we rode this ride called Escape from Popmeii. It is like the typical ride where you are all in this boat and you go down a steep hill and get soaked. Well my friend Rabbi told me that it was fun and you actually do not get that wet. So we rode this ride just before leaving the park to go to the Hotel. We went around and the boat flew down the hill, I got Soaked, completely drenched. Thanks Rabbi. To top it all off there was no one in line so we rode it two more times without getting off the boat. The kids kept yelling one more ride, one more ride. It was so much fun thought, do not tell them i said that. My group is so cool and i am sad i only have one more week with them. I found out that one kid's parents have been going through a divorce for a year and his mom just told him she was moving out. It was hard on him. Youth are going through so much. Just keep praying for me and for Jesus' to shine through my life and bring hope and love to my students.

In His hand,
Brad

PS- i am posting pictures it is not a big deal.

2 comments:

  1. Bush Gardens is a lot fun!! I have been there. Jason and I prayed for you and kara last week, so know that you are being prayed for. We love you, brother, and we miss you a lot! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad, it sounds like you are having one amazing summer!! :) See ya around once school starts back up......

    ReplyDelete