Friday, June 5, 2009

Luray,VA


I just spent three days at Kara's grandfather's in Luray,VA. This is stop one of our adventures before camp starts. It was a great time. Her grandfather lives on a farm and he breeds German Shepherds. He had three puppies left that we got to play with. They were very fun. He has two couples that he breeds and they were very big. Some he kept away from everyone because they were mean. He has a great reputation though and people love the puppies he sells. They are great house pets and guardians.I really like German Shepherds now that i have been around them. I would venture to say that they are my favorite dogs now. Playing with the dogs was lots of fun. We watched a lot of CNN and the volume was loud. It was great though. I got updated on current politics. We got to make homemade peach ice cream. It was delicious. We were going to make it on an old fashion crank maker but it was not working so we used an electric ice cream maker. It was a good experience. Now we are heading to New Hampshire to see Kara's sister. I will keep you updated. Thanks for your prayers.

In His Hands,
Brad

3 comments:

  1. So thankful you got to spend time with my dad..I know he loved it...I can just hear the tv now..haha..and the political conversations..especially with me visiting Obama while you there..oh well..gives him something to talk to about..it's beautiful around there isn't it?...Praying for your visit with Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i like the t.v. being loud...oh and jason and i are not praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay good, thanks Jason and Jon

    ReplyDelete