Training Week is coming to a close. Thursday and Friday are the last too days. I get my first set of campers on Monday. I am in the teen adventure program. We take field trips a lot and do overnighters to places like Hershey park, PA and Ocean City, New Jersey. It will be so fun. Our first day we are going to play Laser Tag. Alright!. I cannot wait we have been learning so much about how to deal with the campers and our schedule and things like that. Some has been helpful and some has been boring, but i really like my program and leaders above me and my group. My core group is Teen adventure 2. We have 7th and 8th graders. I have eighth grade boys and this other guy Rabbi has seventh grade. Then there is KP, she has 7th grade girls. And then Sarah, who is from Australia, has 8th grade girls. Then Pamela is our Head counselor. They are all very cool and unique. The other day Sarah, pulled out some gum and said, "would you all like a piece of chewy" it was hilarious that they call gum chewy. And the call be tired being buggered. There are many other phrases also. its pretty hilarious. Then Kara told be that her roommate Jamiella who is from Britain laughed histerically that we call () <----- those parenthesis. She thought it was hilarious. They call them brackets. So there is lots of cool people. Another guy in Teen Adventure 1 is named Jonny and he is from Ireland. So many cultures i love it a lot. I learned today that i am not allowed to post pics of my campers on the internet so i will not be able to share them with you until i see you, but i will put other pictures up of my team and stuff like that as the Summer progresses. Friday we are going to a place called Beaver's dam and cliff jumping and such it will be really fun.That is the update. Comment and let me know if you have any questions and i can answer them for you. It may make you leave your comment as Anonymous so just put your name in your comment, if that makes sense. Thanks
In His Hands,
Brad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those stories about the different words in english and the different meanings make me laugh! Im glad to hear that you get along with the staff and your co-workers! I love you Bradley...see ya
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great time..you'll love Hershey Park and Ocean City! and you'll continue to have great "international" stories!
ReplyDeleteHey Brad! Thanks for the update. We're praying for you. Tell Brad and Elaine I said hello. Love ya.
ReplyDelete